We have a School Council with 2 reps from each of our Year 1 and Year 2 classes.
Our reps are:
Kangaroos - Beatrice & Joey
Zebras - Caleb & Paida
Leopards - Connie & Elina
Pandas - Alfie & Theo
Tigers - Daniel & Lana
Our School Council agreed on these rules for their meetings:
- We will all listen to each other and sit nicely
- We will put our hand up when we want to speak
- We will make sure everyone gets a turn to speak
- We will never speak when others are talking
- We will never say that other peoples' ideas are not good
Meeting on 13th February 2017
During the meeting the councillors talked about our new school website. They had a good look at it and had these ideas:
- put a link to Purple Mash on this website
- more photos of the playtrail
- add the names of the school councillors
- slowdown the pictures which move so they can have a good look at themselves and their friends
2015 - 2016
Our School Council were very busy. Here are some of the things they did:
- They talked about the toilets. They said they were too smelly and one of the taps was loose. They met with Mr Johnson our Buildings Officer and now we have automatic air freshener sprays in the toilets and the tap isn't loose.
- They wanted children to wash their hands more often so they talked to all the children in assembly and made posters for the toilet areas. The children listened.
- They wanted the children to line up carefully for their dinner, particularly around the climbing frame so they made a banner which made such a difference - much better.
- They thought that it wasn't safe for the children to practice gymnastics on the astroturf so they told the children in assembly not to do it - they listened and now they don't do gym on the astroturf or anywhere in the playground.
- The councillors keep checking the toilets and the playground and they gave out reward stickers in the hall at dinner time.
- In April the councillors helped the PTA decide on which equipment they want in the playground. They wanted a slide but we don't have the room. In the end they made some good choices and we are thrilled with our new playtrail.