We have a School Council with 2 reps from each of our Year 1 and Year 2 classes.
Our reps are:
Kangaroos - Charlotte and Isaac
Zebras - Jim and Freya
Leopards - Tom and Amaiyah
Pandas - Sam and Sophia
Tigers - Monty and Emily
Our School Council meet regularly and help our teachers to make choices about our school and the things we do in it.
If our friends have any suggestions, worries or questions we can take these to our meetings to be discussed.
Our School Council agreed on these rules for their meetings:
- We will all listen to each other and sit nicely
- We will put our hand up when we want to speak
- We will make sure everyone gets a turn to speak
- We will never speak when others are talking
- We will never say that other peoples' ideas are not good
Some of the things our school councillors will be talking about this term are:-
What makes Nether Green Infant School Special? (ideas to share with new children)
How can we make lunchtimes more fun?
Which charities do we want to support this year?
Our School Council were very busy. Here are some of the things they did:
- They talked about the toilets. They said they were too smelly and one of the taps was loose. They met with Mr Johnson our Buildings Officer and now we have automatic air freshener sprays in the toilets and the tap isn't loose.
- They wanted children to wash their hands more often so they talked to all the children in assembly and made posters for the toilet areas. The children listened.
- They wanted the children to line up carefully for their dinner, particularly around the climbing frame so they made a banner which made such a difference - much better.
- They thought that it wasn't safe for the children to practice gymnastics on the astroturf so they told the children in assembly not to do it - they listened and now they don't do gym on the astroturf or anywhere in the playground.
- The councillors keep checking the toilets and the playground and they gave out reward stickers in the hall at dinner time.
- In April the councillors helped the PTA decide on which equipment they want in the playground. They wanted a slide but we don't have the room. In the end they made some good choices and we are thrilled with our new playtrail.